The installation steps assume that you have the following things installed:
You can install Scrapy using easy_install or pip (which is the canonical way to distribute and install Python packages).
Check Platform specific installation notes first.
To install using pip:
pip install Scrapy
To install using easy_install:
Platform specific installation notes¶
After installing Python, follow these steps before installing Scrapy:
- add the C:\python27\Scripts and C:\python27 folders to the system path by adding those directories to the PATH environment variable from the Control Panel.
- install OpenSSL by following these steps:
- go to Win32 OpenSSL page
- download Visual C++ 2008 redistributables for your Windows and architecture
- download OpenSSL for your Windows and architecture (the regular version, not the light one)
- add the c:\openssl-win32\bin (or similar) directory to your PATH, the same way you added python27 in the first step`` in the first step
- some binary packages that Scrapy depends on (like Twisted, lxml and pyOpenSSL) require a compiler available to install, and fail if you don’t have Visual Studio installed. You can find Windows installers for those in the following links. Make sure you respect your Python version and Windows architecture.
- pywin32: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/
- Twisted: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads
- zope.interface: download the egg from zope.interface pypi page and install it by running easy_install file.egg
- lxml: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/lxml/
- pyOpenSSL: https://launchpad.net/pyopenssl
Finally, this page contains many precompiled Python binary libraries, which may come handy to fulfill Scrapy dependencies: